bread

Breadsticks with chia seeds!!!

23:28

grissini si semi di chia

In the last few weeks I've been quite sick, sinusitis, chest infection, high fever.....and for me not wanting to eat anything or cook when I get chance and I'm home it means I don't really feel very well. But about 2 weeks ago I really wanted to bake a loaf for a friend and his family and it's the first time I really had to push myself to knead the dough and bake a bread loaf. As I had too much sourdough left, as usually I feed the all starter which I keep in fridge, I didn't want to throw it away so I kneaded in just 5 minutes this amazing breadsticks! But I have to warn you if you are on a diet like me!!! They are crunchy, savoury, delicious and hard to resist! Once you try one you can't stop eating them!

BREADSTICKS WITH CHIA SEEDSINGREDIENTS for 12 large breadsticks
  • 200g organic stoneground flour (type 2)
  • 160g mature sourdough starter (or not active yet sourdough 100% hydration)
  • 45g water
  • 25g extra virgin olive oil
  • 7g salt
  • Chia seeds to taste

In a bowl combine all the ingredients and knead until shiny, smooth and elastic. At this point add the chia seeds and mix until well distributed. Transfer dough into a lightly oiled bow, cover with cling film and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes. Mine rested for just over 2 hours. Roll out the dough quite thin with a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 24 stripes about 1cm wide, and twist two stripes together. Place them on a baking sheet ( I used a silicon based tray OP OP from PavonIdea), cover and allow to rest for 30 mins.Meanwhile pre-heat the oven at 180ºC.Brush each breadstick with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.Bake the breadstick for 20 minutes until light golden brown and crispy. 

grissini ai semi di chia

You Might Also Like

0 commenti