meat

Beef Goulash!!!

11:07

  For the Italian version click here!!!
Hello again!!! Second post of the day! Finally just following the Italian post!
During my last holidays in november one of my favourite dishes I had in Budapest was the Goulash....a nice warm dish perfect for winter days!
This is not the original recipe, but I cooked it trying to remember the one I tried in Budapest and based on my taste. I just didn't add the potatoes as I didn't have any that day.

BEEF GOULASHINGREDIENTS:
  • 600g beef, diced
  • 1 onion
  • 1 garlic clove
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 red pepper
  • 2 red tomatoes
  • 3 tbs tomato paste
  • 1 tbs paprika
  • 1 glasso of red wine
  • About 500ml of beef stock
  • 1 tbs flour
  • Salt

In a large and tall pan fry the beef  with a drizzle of olive oil until golden brown. Remove from pan and keep aside. In the same pan cook the chopped onion and garlic until tender, add some extra oil if necessary. Add one tablespoon of paprika, flour, the tomato paste and mix well. Return meat to the pan, add the red wine and bring to the boil. Add some of the beef stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover with the lid and cook for about 1 hour/ 1h 30' until tender. In the mean time chop the tomatoes and slice the red pepper. Add vegetables to the meat and cook for a further 20 minutes. Season with salt and if you like you can add some chili pepper. The broth should be quite thick. 


You Might Also Like

0 commenti