bread

Five cereals whole wheat bread!!!

12:09


 For the Italian version click here!!!
Here I am with another bread recipe. Whole wheat as my husband recently doesn't eat anymore white bread. I was looking for a loaf bread recipe over the internet, but all the recipes I found had bakers powder milk and I couldn't find it anywhere. So I came up with this recipe instead.

FIVE CEREALS WHOLE WHEAT BREADINGREDIENTSBiga:
  • 60g canadian flour
  • 30g water
  • 2g fresh yeast
Dough:
  • 250g organic whole wheat flour
  • 100g water
  • 50g milk
  • 1 tsp barley malt
  • 2 tsp dried organic sour dough
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 or 2 handful of 5 cereals
  • Sunflower and poppy seeds

The night before prepare the biga by mixing quickly all the ingredients. Allow to rest for at least 12 hours. Mine rested about 15 hours.Cook the cereals in boiling water for about 10 minutes. In the knead machine bowl place the flour, the biga, almost all the water (keep a bit aside), the milk, sour dough and malt. Start kneading with the flat beater and then add the salt with the remaining water. Change into the dough hook and keep kneading until you have a smooth and soft dough. At this point add the drained cereals and continue kneading until they are evenly distributed in the dough. Cover the dough with cling film and allow to rise until doubled in size.I Divided the dough into two. With one part I formed a braid and placed it into a loaf tin, with the rest I formed small rolls. Brush the top with some milk and sprinkle with the seeds. Allow to rest for 20 minutes. Bake bread in a hot oven at 220ºC for 10 minutes. Turn the temperature down to 200ºC and bake for a further 10/15 minutes. 


You Might Also Like

0 commenti