bread

Snails shaped rolls with parmesan cheese!!!!

17:49

For the Italian version click here!!!!

Every time I'm on my way to work from Rome, or coming back home from London I have to stop at the airport newsagent to buy my favorite cooking magazines. I love to relax on the flight( only when I'm a passenger ;-) !!! ) reading this magazines and on my way to London I'm always thinking what to cook when I'll be back home! I know I know I'm nuts!!!

Last week I bought one of the best italian cooking magazines " Sale e Pepe" and I found this very interesting recipe... You Know already that I love making bread, and every time I see a new bread recipe I can't resist, I have to try it....

I really like this rolls...to me they look very pretty....what do you think?


INGREDIENTS:

500 gr. of flour type 0

17 gr. of fresh yeast

80 gr of grated parmesan cheese ( to my taste it's too much next time I will try with 50 gr.)

1 tbsp of sugar ( I used barley malt instead)

2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil

10 gr. of salt

lukewarm water



Sift the flour...Put 100 g of flour in a bowl add the yeast crumbled, barley malt or sugar and 100ml of lukewarm water. Mix well and let it rest for 30 minutes. Place the rest of the flour on the worktop, make a well and in the centre put the fermented mixture, 10g of salt,parmesan cheese,2 tbs of olive oil,150 ml of water and knead for about 10 minutes.

Place the dough in a bowl lightly oiled and let it rise for at least 1 hour and 30 mins.

Divide the dough in 12 small balls(about 40g each), make 1cm thick ropes and roll them into snails shape, single snails or double.

In the single snail make some small cuts with scissors to decorate the bread.

Place them in a baking tray covered with parchment, cover the rolls and let them rest about 40 minutes. Bake the rolls in a warm oven at 220º for about 20 mins.


You Might Also Like

2 commenti

  1. Ciao Nicoletta, Buona sera from California. I was visiting you blog. The snail shaped rolls with your salmon seems incredibly delicious! I was visiting different food blogs and came upon yours. I wanted to say hello. I also write a blog about food. But with a twist of relationships thrown in. Please visit. Maybe follow, if you like. Thanks. A presto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Mario!!!! Thank you for your visit!!!! If you want I have also the italian version, with more recipes!!! This english blog its still quite new!
    Ciao!!!

    ReplyDelete