Desserts and cakes

Zippulas or zeppole!!!

11:41


For the italian version click here!!!

I’ve been on a diet since the beginning of the year, so I’m trying not to eat many sweet and cakes...But once in a while I have to have something or I go crazy!!!

These fritters are typical from Sardinia (where I’m from) and you can find them everywhere during the carnival time, from the 6th of january, when we finish the Christmas Holidays, until the fat tuesday (martedi grasso) the day before the ash wednesday.

I love them....and there is no carnival in Italy without fritters.... There are so many different ones...thats what I love more, and my grandma used to make all the time....

It's a shame we don’t make them all over the year...they are so nice!!! I wish I could have one now...my mouth is watering!!!

Just because I was on a diet I made only a few...I give you the recipe to make about 12 fritters....


INGREDIENTS:


250 gr. all purpose flour

1 egg

100 gr. warm milk

15 gr. fresh yeast

a little bit of powder saffron

50 gr. of ricotta cheese

orange zest and the juice of one orange

vanilla flavour

2 tbs of maraschino liqueur


Separate the eggs from the white. Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk, in a mixer put all the ingredients except the milk and the eggs white. Mix well the ingredients for a few minutes and then slowly add the milk. When the dough is compact and smooth add the eggs white whipped.

Transfer everything into a bowl and let it rest a couple of hour until double in size!!!

Heat up some oil in a pan, not to hot or the fritters won’t cook properly.

With wet hands take a bit of dough, form a small doughnut and fry until golden brown in both sides. Let dry on kitchen paper, place over a plate and sprinkle with caster sugar!!!




You Might Also Like

1 commenti

  1. I am so glad that you publish your blog in English! I really want to try these!

    ReplyDelete